Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prayer for the Republic of Cyprus

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Prayer for the Republic of Cyprus
October 20, 2007 09:32AM
The Republic of Cyprus is an island country in the eastern part of the Mediterranean Sea, south of Turkey. Cyprus is the third-largest island in the Mediterranean and one of the most popular tourist destinations in the Mediterranean, attracting over 2.4 million tourists per year. A former British colony, it gained independence from the United Kingdom in 1960 and became a Commonwealth republic in 1961. The Republic of Cyprus is a developed country and has been a member of the European Union since 1 May 2004.

Most Greek Cypriots, and thus the majority of the population of Cyprus, are members of the Autocephalous Orthodox Church of Cyprus (Cypriot Orthodox Church), whereas most Turkish Cypriots are Muslim. Church attendance among Greek Cypriots is relatively high, making the Republic of Cyprus one of the most religious countries in the European Union, along with Malta, Greece and Poland. In addition to the Orthodox Christian and Muslim communities, there are also small Jewish, Protestant, Roman Catholic, Maronite and Armenian Apostolic communities in Cyprus.

Prayer:

Holy Father I enter into your presence this day to offer up to you the people and the land that is called the Republic of Cyprus. Cyprus’ belief in a supreme maker may seem foreign to us in the United States but it is not foreign to you. The peoples rites and rituals may not be the ones other people follow but you have told us to judge not. Continue to bless the people and the land. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen.
Anonymous User
Re: Prayer for the Republic of Cyprus
October 21, 2007 06:44AM
Heavenly Father, with humbleness of heart and in unity of purpose, I come along side my husband in agreement for the Republic of Cyrus. Oh, that they would honor You with all their heart, soul, mind and strength is our prayer for these precious people for in so doing they will be blessed for no one can out give You, oh Holy One. Thank You for Who You are. May You be known to these people far beyond anything they ever imagined for Your glory in Jesus' name let it be so. Amen.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login