Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prayer for the Dominican Republic

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Prayer for the Dominican Republic
November 07, 2007 10:25AM
The Dominican Republic is a Latin American country that occupies the eastern two-thirds of the Caribbean island called Hispaniola. It shares a border with the Republic of Haiti making it one of two Caribbean islands that are split by two countries, the other is Saint-Martin/Sint Maarten. Hispaniola is the second-largest of the Greater Antilles islands, and lies west of Puerto Rico and east of Cuba and Jamaica. The Dominican Republic has the first cathedral and university, as well as the first European-built road and fortress in the Americas. Santo Domingo originally known as New Isabela was also the first colonial capital in the Americas.

More than 95% of the population adheres to Christianity, mostly Roman Catholicism followed by a growing contingent of Protestant groups such as Seventh-day Adventist and Jehovah's Witnesses. Recent but small scale immigration has brought other religions such as Spiritist, Buddhist, Baha’i, Muslim, and Jewish.

Prayer:

Heavenly Father, I come before you to ask your blessing on the Dominican Republic and all who call this island nation home. These are your people Lord no matter who they worship, these people are your people. Accept them, correct them, or even in your infinite wisdom reject them, so I bow to your wisdom and knowledge.

In the sweet and precious name that is above all names, Jesus, I pray, amen.
Anonymous User
Re: Prayer for the Dominican Republic
November 08, 2007 05:11PM
Dear Loving Father, I, too lift the Dominican Republic before You, asking for the hearts of these people to be opened to Your truth. Holy One, open their spiritual eyes and ears to be aware of Who You are and touch their hearts to receive Your Spirit in a life changing way. Lord, bind the spirit of relgion and release a spirit of relationship with You, in Jesus' name we pray. Lord, may these precious people grow up in Your ways, seeking Your face above all else and establishing Your kingdom on the earth as it is in heaven, in Jesus' name let it be so. Hallelujah!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login