Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prayer for the Democratic Republic of East Timor

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Prayer for the Democratic Republic of East Timor
November 09, 2007 08:41AM
The Democratic Republic of Timor-Leste is a country in Southeast Asia. It comprises the eastern half of the island of Timor, the nearby islands of Atauro and Jaco, and Oecussi-Ambeno, an exclave on the northwestern side of the island, within Indonesian West Timor. This small country of 5,376 mi² is located about 400 mi northwest of Darwin, Australia.

In late 1975 East Timor declared its independence but was promptly invaded and occupied by Indonesia, and declared that country's 27th province the following year. In 1999, following the UN-sponsored act of self-determination, Indonesia relinquished control of the territory and East Timor became the first new sovereign state of the twenty-first century and of the third millennium on May 20, 2002. Alongside the Philippines, East Timor is one of only two predominantly Roman Catholic countries in Asia.

Upon independence, East Timor became one of only two predominantly Roman Catholic countries in Asia along with the Philippines. The population predominantly identifies as Roman Catholic (90%), though local animist traditions have a persistent and strong influence on the culture. Religious minorities include Muslims (5%) and Protestants (3%). Smaller Hindu (0.3%), Buddhist (0.1%) and traditional animist minorities make up the remainder. The constitution acknowledges the Church's role among the East Timorese people although it also stipulates a secular state that guarantees freedom of religion to everyone.

Prayer:

Gracious Lord God as I come into your throne room again and offer up to you all the praise and honour and glory that is rightfully yours, I wish to present to you the Democratic Republic of East Timor and all the people who call these islands home. We can only imagine all the persecution that was heaped on these people during their time of occupation, of course you saw and heard everything that these people went through.

Send your ministering angels to minister to these people and the country. Bind up the broken spirits, wounded souls, and the crushed bodies. Give a double portion of blessing to this nation. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen.
Anonymous User
Re: Prayer for the Democratic Republic of East Timor
November 11, 2007 12:44PM
Precious Heavenly Father, I stand in agreement with my husband's prayer for these dear people. Heal them and their land and draw them closer to You, oh God, that they might come to know Your goodness and love towards them like never before, in Jesus' name we pray. Amen.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login