Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prayer for the State of Eritrea

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Prayer for the State of Eritrea
November 15, 2007 05:39AM
Eritrea is a country situated in northern East Africa. It is bordered by Sudan in the west, Ethiopia in the south, and Djibouti in the southeast. The east and northeast of the country have an extensive coastline on the Red Sea, directly across from Saudi Arabia and Yemen. The Dahlak Archipelago and several of the Hanish Islands are part of Eritrea.

Eritrea has two dominant religions, Christianity and Islam. Muslims who make up about 49% of the population predominantly follow Sunni Islam. The Christians who make up about 49% consist primarily of the Eritrean Orthodox Tewahdo Church which is the local Oriental Orthodox church. Small groups of Roman Catholics, Protestants, and other denominations also exist. In its 2006 religious freedom report, the U.S. State Department for the third year in a row named Eritrea a "Country of Particular Concern," designating it one of the worst violators of religious freedom in the world.

Prayer:

Father, Oh Father, as I lift up before you the State of Eritrea and all of it’s people I am grieved for the designation of a "Country of Particular Concern”. Although the country of Eritrea has stated that religious freedom exist, I find this to not be true as the government only allows “religions” that it’s people have in the past practiced. No new “religions” are allowed.

I must stand in the gap for the people and the government of this state and pray that they will see your glory, your mercy, and your grace in all “christian” worship and praise of you. In Jesus’ precious name I pray, amen.
Anonymous User
Re: Prayer for the State of Eritrea
November 16, 2007 09:00AM
Precious Lord, I stand in agreement with my husband's prayer, praying also that the dear people of the State of Eritrea would see Your glory, Your mercy and Your grace as others share Who You are through Your beloved Son, Jesus Christ. True freedom of religion is when one is set free through Christ Jesus. We pray that theyse peoples eyes and ears would be open so that they can become truly free through Him, in His name we pray. Amen.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login