Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prayer for the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Prayer for the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia
November 18, 2007 06:25AM
The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia is a country situated in the Horn of Africa that has been landlocked since the independence of its northern neighbor Eritrea in 1993. Apart from Eritrea to the north, Ethiopia is bordered by Sudan to the west, Kenya to the south, Djibouti to the northeast, and Somalia to the east. Ethiopia is one of the oldest nations in the world and Africa's second-most populous nation.

Christians make up 61% of the country's population, Muslims 33%, and practitioners of traditional faiths 5%. This agrees with the updated CIA World Factbook, Christianity is the most widely practiced religion in Ethiopia. Orthodox Christianity has a dominant presence in central and northern Ethiopia, while both Orthodox & Protestant Christianity has large representations in the South and Western Ethiopia. A small ancient group of Jews, the Beta Israel, live in northwestern Ethiopia, though most have emigrated to Israel in the last decades of the twentieth century as part of the rescue missions undertaken by the Israeli government

The name "Ethiopia" (Hebrew Kush) is mentioned in the Bible numerous times (thirty-seven times in the King James version). Abyssinia is also mentioned in the Qu'ran and Hadith. While many Ethiopians claim that the Bible references of Kush apply to their own ancient civilization, pointing out that the Gihon river, a name for the Nile, is said to flow through the land, most non-Ethiopian scholars believe that the use of the term referred to the Kingdom of Kush. Some have argued that biblical Kush was a large part of land that included Northern Ethiopia, Eritrea and most of present day Sudan. The capital cities of biblical Kush were in Northern Sudan.

Islam in Ethiopia dates back to the founding of the religion in 615 when a group of Muslims were counseled by Muhammad to escape persecution in Mecca and travel to Ethiopia which was ruled by Ashama ibn Abjar a pious Christian king. Moreover, Bilal, the first muezzin, the person chosen to call the faithful to prayer and one of the foremost companions of Muhammad, was from Ethiopia.

Prayer:

Our precious and holy Father in heaven, I present myself before your throne to offer you all the honor and the glory and the power that you rightly deserve. Heavenly Father there is none like you for you have created everything that is or ever will be.

This day I hold in my prayer the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia and it’s people. I know and recognize that this land/nation was created from the beginning and the people have moved into the land at an early age. You, Oh Mighty One have seen the land and thus the people in their good times and the wars and famines that have plagued these, your people. Bless the nation and thus the people of Ethiopia. Send your ministering angels, send your guardian angels, and send your warring angels to do battle in the name of Jesus, your only begotten Son in whose name I pray, amen.
Anonymous User
Re: Prayer for the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia
November 20, 2007 05:30AM
Dear Lord, there is no doubt that You have a plan for the people of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia. Father, there is no other way to You but through Your Son, Jesus Christ. We pray that He Who is the Spirit of revelation would become known to these precious people in a new and life changing manner. Father, it is the goodness of God that draws men to repentence and we are all in need of Your goodness. We ask that You would draw the people of this land closer to You and to Your Truth, for Your glory and honor, in Jesus' name we pray. Amen.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login