Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prayer for the Falkland Islands

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Prayer for the Falkland Islands
November 19, 2007 06:45AM
The Falkland Islands are an archipelago in the South Atlantic Ocean, located 300 miles from the coast of Argentina, 671 miles west of the Shag Rocks and 584 miles north of Antarctica. They consist of two main islands, East Falkland and West Falkland together with 776 smaller islands. Stanley on East Falkland is the capital city. The islands are a self-governing Overseas Territory of the United Kingdom.

Under the constitution, the latest version of which came into force in 1985, there is an Executive Council and a Legislative Council. The Executive Council, which advises the Governor, is also chaired by the Governor. It consists of the Chief Executive, Financial Secretary and three Legislative Councillors, who are elected by the other Legislative Councillors. The Legislative Council consists of the Chief Executive, Financial Secretary and the eight Legislative Councillors, of whom five are elected from Stanley and three from Camp, for four-year terms. It is presided over by the Speaker.

The main religion is Christianity. The main denominations are Church of England, Roman Catholic, United Free Church, and Lutheran-based denominations. Other smaller numbers of Christian churches are active including Jehovah's Witnesses, Seventh-day Adventist, and Greek Orthodox with the latter being due to Greek fishermen passing through.

Prayer:

Lord God, the “I Am” of Israel and all of creation, I humbly enter into your presence to lift up before you the Falkland Islands and the people that inhabit these islands. Lord as an omnipotent Lord you have known of the “war” between the forces of the United Kingdom and Argentina where there was innocent blood spilled all in the name of territorial gain. I am well aware of innocent blood being spilled by both sides of this conflict and I pray that ministering angels come down from above and minister to both sides.

Father I ask also for conviction to come to both parties, the United Kingdom and Argentina, and that they “see” who you are and recognize who you are and come into true repentance for the things that have been and the things that are still going on.

In the name above all names, Jesus, I pray. Amen.
Anonymous User
Re: Prayer for the Falkland Islands
November 20, 2007 05:35AM
Amen and amen. Holy One, I stand in agreement with the above mentioned prayer for the Falkland Islands. Holy One, all the world is in need of You and of Your Son, Jesus' Christ. Man must not move by their own devises but need to be led by Your Spirit. Bring conviction to the Falkland Islands and even to Argentina. Open their eyes to see the error of their ways and guide them down the path of righteousness, in Jesus' name we pray. Amen.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login