Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prayer for the Faroe Islands

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Prayer for the Faroe Islands
November 20, 2007 07:25AM
The Faroe Islands or Faeroe Islands or simply Faroes or Faeroes are a group of islands in Northern Europe between the Norwegian Sea and the North Atlantic Ocean roughly equidistant between Iceland, Scotland, and Norway. They have been an autonomous region of the Kingdom of Denmark since 1948 making it a member of the Rigsfællesskab. The Faroese have over the years taken control of most matters except defence, foreign affairs and the legal system. These three areas are the responsibility of Denmark.

According to Færeyinga Saga, Sigmundur Brestisson brought Christianity to the islands in 999. However, archaeology from a site in Leirvík suggests that Celtic Christianity may have arrived 150 years earlier or more. The Faroe Islands' church Reformation was completed on 1 January 1540. According to official statistics from 2002, 84.1% of the Faroese population are members of the state church, the Faroese People's Church a form of Lutheranism.

In 1948, Victor Danielsen of the Plymouth Brethren completed the first Bible translation. It was translated into Faroese from different modern languages. Jacob Dahl and Kristian Osvald Viderø completed the second translation in 1961. The latter was translated from the original languages into Faroese.

Prayer:

Holy and precious Father, creator of all the universes I come before your throne to present to you the country and the people of the Faroe Islands. Lord I beg your forgiveness but I know of the Faroe Islands but that is about it, but I do know that the earth and the fulness thereof belongs to you. In accordance with your word let it be so that you bless these islands and the people. Show them your compassion, mercy, and your strength. Raise them to a new level of awareness of you and your son, Jesus in who’s name I pray. Amen.
Anonymous User
Re: Prayer for the Faroe Islands
November 21, 2007 10:17AM
Holy One, along with my husband, I lift up the Faroe Islands, asking for your hand to touch these people anew. Where this stagnantation, we ask that Your Rivers of Living Waters flow through the hearts of the people. Renew in them a greater understanding of Who You are and may the seek Your face, through Your Son Jesus Christ we pray. Amen.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login