Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prayer for the French Republic

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Prayer for the French Republic
November 26, 2007 06:56AM
The French Republic is a country whose metropolitan territory is located in Western Europe and that also comprises various overseas islands and territories located in other continents. Metropolitan France extends from the Mediterranean Sea to the English Channel and the North Sea, and from the Rhine to the Atlantic Ocean. French people often refer to Metropolitan France as L'Hexagone (The "Hexagon"winking smiley because of the geometric shape of its territory.

France is bordered by Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Monaco, Andorra, and Spain. Due to its overseas departments, France also shares land borders with Brazil and Suriname, and the Netherlands Antilles. France is also linked to the United Kingdom by the Channel Tunnel, which passes underneath the English Channel.

France does not recognize religious law nor does it recognize religious beliefs or morality as a motivation for the enactment of prohibitions. As a consequence, France has long had neither blasphemy laws nor sodomy laws. However "offences against public decency" or breach of the peace have been used to repress public expressions of homosexuality and street prostitution. Also France is a secular country as freedom of religion is a constitutional right although some religious doctrines such as Scientology, Children of God, the Unification Church, and the Order of the Solar Temple are considered cults.

Prayer:

Almighty Father, glorious One, I enter your courts with thanksgiving and praise for who you are and what you have done, not only for me and my family but for all who call upon the name of our Lord Jesus. Today I lift up the French Republic and all of the people that call France their home.

We know that they are a prideful and an arrogant people because of their past. Humble them with your presence and show them that you and you alone are the creator of all things that ever were and ever will be including them. I also pray for the government of this nation that they see you and your son with ‘eyes that see’ and hear you with ‘ears that hear’.

In the name of Jesus, a name that you Oh Father have magnified above all names in pray. Amen.
Anonymous User
Re: Prayer for the French Republic
November 27, 2007 07:54PM
Amen and amen! I stand in agreement with Billy's prayer for the French Republic. Holy One, we ask mercy for this country for they know not what they do. Open their eyes and ears to see and hear Your Truth and soften their hearts to receive that which You have for them and all mankind through Your Son, Jesus Christ. Let it be so, in His Name we pray. Amen.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login