Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Philippians 2:2 - Being Joined Together in Christ

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Philippians 2:2 - Being Joined Together in Christ
November 01, 2008 10:05AM
"Fill up and complete my joy by living in harmony and being of the same mind and one in purpose, having the same love, being in full accord and of one harmonious mind and intention." Philippians 2:2

The words in this verse came from a letter written by Paul to the saints in Philippi while he was in prison. Paul was not discouraged or down hearted because of his situation. Rather, he drew strength from the Lord, seeing each situation in his life as an opportunity to serve Him and to spread the good news and thus he encourages those in Philippi.

As we see in the above verse, that Paul is saying, "If you want to bless me, to make my joy full, then do the following..." Paul's joy did not come from personal gain but from seeing the body of Christ come together in unity and of one accord, (sounds like what we saw in Acts 1:14 and 2:1, huh?), walking in love one for another. Paul knew these people at Philippi and knew their faithfulness to the Lord and to His servants having received blessings by their hands. He desired that they continue their walk of faithfulness and not lose hope even though they knew he was in prison. Though apart from them, he shared his heart and told them that which would bring him comfort and joy, that they walk together as one in thought and purpose, having the same love, the love that Christ has towards them.

Though these words were written by Paul almost two thousand years ago, I believe it is the same heart cry we are hearing from our heavenly Father coming forth to His people today as we are in the days of the bride's preparation for the coming of her Bridegroom. We know that a man and woman come together in the unity of marriage they are no longer two but they become one. That is why we are told in Scripture to not be unevenly yoked. Christ is coming for a bride who is united with Him in purpose and of one accord, like-minded, filled with love for the Father and for His ways. Jesus will not "marry" those who are not walking as such, nor should it be expected that He would.

The Lord is getting ready to clothe His people with His glory and power. He is looking for a people such as Paul sought to fill him and complete his joy, those who are joined together with Christ Jesus in love, in purpose, one mind and will. Hallelujah! Should we find ourselves falling short of these things at this time, let us repent before our God and seek His face and His will, being sensitive to the Holy Spirit's leading knowing that it is not by our power or by our might that we might fulfill these things but by His Spirit. Amen? Amen.

May the spirit of peace and love fill your hearts and souls this day as His Spirit abides in you and may you come to the fullness that is in Christ Jesus and be made one in Him, in His sweet name we pray. Amen.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login