Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prophetic Word for 2013

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Prophetic Word for 2013
January 11, 2013 02:07PM
Prophetic Word for 2013

What does 2013 hold for the body of Christ and for the world at large? So much unrest, turmoil and natural disasters seem to be the news of the hour. Violence is of epic proportions here in our land and just recently unimaginable evil touched an elementary school in Newtown, CT. People are beside themselves because of all that is taking place in America and on the earth. Fear is gripping the heart of many and a sense of hopelessness is felt in the air. While we are definitely living in challenging times, we, as believers are to be the light of this world and declare before those who do not know that Christ Jesus is the hope of the world, the Savior of all. Like His heavenly Father, He desires that all come to saving grace and ever lasting life through Him.

My very favorite Bible verse is John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” “Whosoever” means just so that - whosoever! God loves all mankind and desires that none should perish. Declaring Jesus as Lord is not enough. We must understand what “believeth” in John 3:16 means. It is the Greek word “pisteuo” which means ‘to adhere to, trust, rely on.” To get a greater understanding of John 3:16, let us read it from the Amplified Bible: “For God so greatly loved and dearly prized the world that He [even] gave up His only begotten (unique) Son, so that whoever believes in (trusts in, clings to, relies on) Him shall not perish (come to destruction, be lost) but have eternal (everlasting) life.” That is what God always desired for us and from us, that we trust in, cling to and rely upon our Lord and because we have not walked in this truth many have been beaten up by the enemy and forgotten or not known God’s love and will for our lives.

Until we come to understand God’s great love for us and all the provision He has given us through Christ Jesus to help us through the challenges of this world we will be putty in the hands of the enemy rather than victors through Christ. If we do not trust the Lord and cling to Him we will miss the peace and joy He brings.

Jesus Christ, Our Covering and Example
Back in September I was thinking about the coming year and wondering if the Lord would reveal anything about it. Suddenly I remembered a conference I had gone to many years ago. The hotel grounds where we stayed had an area where people could go and just relax. There happened to be a little steam. As I sat by that stream I saw a number of ducks passing by. I counted them and found the number to be twelve. Just as I finished counting they started to disappear under a little bridge type thing that went over the stream. As they began to come out from under it I counted them again, this time counting thirteen. At first I thought I had miscounted cause I thought the Holy Spirit was showing me that the 'twelve' stood for the twelve tribes of Israel. But now there were thirteen. Maybe I was wrong. But then the Holy Spirit spoke to me and assured me that I was correct. The first count brought twelve ducks going down the stream by themselves, prophetically speaking about the twelve tribes of Israel. But as they went under the bridge, under the covering, the Holy Spirit showed me that it was symbolically representing "the covering of our Lord", bringing forth Christ Jesus as the additional 'one’ and representing Him leading. I knew that the Holy Spirit was showing me that there would be those who will look to Jesus as their Lord, leading them in the days ahead and that we would see a great coming together of the different denominations as they put aside their differences and come united in Him. Hallelujah! Glory to God! That has been the prayer of so many, that the body would come together as one in Christ Jesus. But our pride, hurt, selfish ambitions, etc., has kept this from happening. The more we see and understand our need of Him the more humble we become and the more we reach out to Him We must acknowledge that He is who He says He is and believe that He will accomplish that which He has promised to accomplish in our lives. When our faith rises so does our trust in Him. And when our trust in Him grows, so does our faith. They go hand in hand.

The same day the Holy Spirit had given me remembrance of the ducks my daughter and I were watching a God TV program where the speaker was sharing about the twelve tribes and how God was moving to bring the denominations together and in this unity we would see a great move of God. Praise be to God! Confirmation to what the Holy Spirit had showed and spoken to me only hours ago. This is what we can be looking forward to seeing in this new year. There is growing knitting together of the body of Christ taking place right now. To God be the glory!!!

There is a further message in what the Holy Spirit reminded me of seeing years ago. It was only when the ducks went under the bridge or covering that Jesus joined them and became as the lead. Had not the ducks continued on their journey to reach the bridge, there would not have been that covering over them because the bridge could not move towards them - they had to move towards it. God is asking us to take action in this hour and not remain idle while things are happening around us. We must look to the Lord and follow after Him to receive the victory He desires us to walk in. We must move forward!

Jesus Christ is our covering. It is His shed blood that washes us clean from our iniquities and protects us if we draw close to Him and learn of His ways. This is God’s desire this year and always, that we would draw close to His Beloved Son and become like Jesus. Through Christ Jesus we are fully equipped for whatever life brings us. We do not need to be overcome by the enemy nor by the weakness of our flesh. Jesus redeemed us from sin and won back our legal standing before God - but we need to walk in it. We cannot just claim it, we must believe it is so. Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God (Romans 10:17). Jesus is the written and revealed word of God . We need to seek our Beloved Lord like never before. In Him we live and move and have our being ( Acts 17:28).

Jesus! Jesus! More of Jesus will be the heart cry this year of those who are His and are hungering for deeper intimacy with Him..

The Focus of the Year 2013 is to be Jesus
As I am typing this I hear in my spirit, “Matthew 6:33”: Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things will be added unto you.”

The only way to God’s Kingdom is being born again (John 3:6-7). And the only way to be born again is through Christ Jesus, accepting Him as Lord and following after Him with repentant hearts, (Romans 6:4). We cannot say we are born again if we live our lives according to the flesh. Only by receiving Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior, acknowledging our sins and seeking the Holy Spirit’s help to turn away from them, and striving to live like our Lord have we died to self and become a new creation in Him. If we try to change by our own strength we will only fail. Jesus sent the Comforter to help us (John 15:26) know our Lord.

And when we spend time before our Lord Jesus a transformation takes place as well. Many years ago the Holy Spirit revealed to me that when we spend time with the Lord a type of osmosis takes place and we become more like Him. Just by being in His Presence brings a change in us. It is imperative that we fellowship with our Beloved as He desires to fellowship with us.

By doing this, we continually seek after righteousness, longing for Him and desiring to be transformed into His image. We must be heavenly minded so that we do not get caught up with the things of this world but rather hold fast to Him Who is the lover of our soul, our redeemer and should, rightfully, be our First Love.

The Spirit of Prophecy - The Testimony of Jesus!
Revelation 19:10 reads, “And I fell at his feet to worship him. But he said to me, “See that you do not do that! I am your fellow servant, and of your brethren who have the testimony of Jesus. Worship God! For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.” Glory to God!!! The testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy!!!

Jesus is the Living Word of God made flesh. His coming was prophesied in the very first book of Scripture, in Genesis 3:15. Throughout the Written Word you read of the prophetic telling of Jesus’ coming and what He will accomplish. We have a prophetic voice as well, when we testify of who He is and of what He has done in our lives. It is our testimony of Jesus that is the spirit of prophecy! I believe that this years and the years to come there is going to be more and more testifying of our Risen Lord and Savior and of what He is doing in and through our lives. And we will not take the credit or accolades for whatever He might do through us because we will recognize that we are but fellow servants, even with the angels, to point all people to Christ Jesus, giving Him the praise and honor thus glorifying God through Him.

True prophecy was always meant to lead the hearer closer to Jesus and to His Father. I believe that we are going to be in such awe of what the Lord accomplishes on the earth and in our lives that it will blow us away. We will be so touched that we won‘t be able to contain it and we will desire to share our testimonies of what Jesus has done. Ad in so doing, many will be drawn to Him who is the redeemer of our souls. Hallelujah!!!

I also believe that the prophetic voice will grown within His people. The Holy Spirit desires to speak to not only those who are His but also to those who are lost, bringing them a word from heaven. I believe that more strategic strategies will be given to His people to overcome the plans of the enemy. We must keep our ear turned to what the Lord desires to speak to us through His Holy Spirit. Revelation is getting to be poured upon those who have an ear to hear. To God be the glory!!!

To Sum Up 2013.
Normally the Holy Spirit will give some insight of some happenings that might take place in the new year such as in the weather pattern, etc. . This year has been unlike others because I have sensed that He is more concerned with us seeking after Jesus and His Kingdom. Everything else takes a second seat to the happenings in the world. Jesus is to be our focus this year. God’s kingdom and His righteousness is to be our focus this year. Not circumstances that are happening around us. Not looking to others as our source of change. Our eyes are to be upon Jesus and we find Him in both the Written Word and the Revealed Word. Its all about Jesus. We are to think like Him, walk like Him, praise Him, adore Him, love Him and keep the enemy under our feet by keeping our eyes on our First Love. As we do this we will be astonished at His Presence that is going to be released upon the earth in an unprecedented degree.

Many will be saved through those who are true believers and by Jesus revealing Himself to them. Glory to God!!!

Dear saint, believe God’s Word. Walk with Jesus. Fellowship with the lover of our soul and allow Him to change us from the inside out. The Holy Spirit is here as our comforter and one who guides us to Jesus. Let us be guided and allow the name of Jesus to be lifted up for the whole world to see. Let it be so, in Jesus’ name we pray. Amen!

Song of Solomon 6:3 says it best: “I am my Beloved’s and my Beloved is mine.” Thank You, Jesus!!!

Rejoicing in Him,
Joan Bowe
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login