Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Honoring Rev. Rex Hubbard

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Honoring Rev. Rex Hubbard
September 29, 2007 10:04AM
This arrived in my mail box this morning. Didn't open it until a few minutes ago. I felt led to share it here, to give honor to where honor is due. It was sent via Benny Hinn Ministries, one man of God honoring another. It is my prayer that we will honor one another, esteeming others more highly than ourselves. A true minister is one that serves others. It is not about reaping rewards and goods for ourselves. It's about extending Jesus' hand to others through us human vessels. It a day to do our Daddy God proud. May we bring glory and honor to Him, in Jesus' name.

God bless you all!

A Very Special Tribute to My Friend Rex Humbard

My friend Rex Humbard touched people in so many ways during his lifetime. And what a life he lived!

Rex’s father, Alpha Humbard, accepted Christ as Savior at sixteen then became instantly and unstoppably passionate about winning souls to the Lord. That legacy was passed on to his son Rex and the entire Humbard family, as chronicled in his recent autobiography, The Soul-Winning Century: The Humbard Family Legacy...100 Years of Ministry.

A LEGACY OF EVANGELISM
Rex was saved at the age of 13 in 1932, and immediately began his own radio broadcasts that launched what eventually became his worldwide pulpit.

In the 1940s and 1950s he and his family traveled across America and Canada conducting tent crusade meetings, while his radio ministry continued to grow nationwide.

In 1949 Rex became the first evangelist to broadcast the Gospel on television, and by 1952 he had both a daily program and a weekly one-hour church service on the airwaves.

In the early 1950s, Rex Humbard became one of the first visionaries to build a ministry that incorporated radio and television programming, and in 1958 in Akron, Ohio, the Cathedral of Tomorrow opened—one of the first in the world designed specifically to accommodate television equipment, crew, and chorus, as well as seating for 5,400 people. Broadcasts of the church services were aired on 600 stations in America and more than 2000 around the world in 97 languages.

Few people have touched more lives with the Gospel than Rex Humbard. As well known as he was in the U.S., he was even more popular throughout the world, especially in South America, where he packed the giant soccer stadiums for weeks at a time. During one notable 1979 crusade, over 1.2 million souls filled a network of soccer stadiums across Brazil to see him preach the Gospel. And in a crusade in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, more than 130,000 souls accepted Jesus Christ as Savior in a single service!

He preached to packed audiences in the Sydney Opera House, the Budokan in Tokyo, as well as in Madison Square Garden and Carnegie Hall in New York. He also ministered to hundreds of thousands in services across Africa.

Pastor Humbard was inducted into the Broadcasters Hall of Fame in 1993, and he was named one of the “Top 25 Principle Architects of the American Century” by U.S. News & World Report on December 27, 1999.

The Saturday Evening Post wrote, “Putting God on Main Street has been the goal of this dedicated preacher for more than 60 years. Now, thanks to the electronic media, his ‘Main Street’ stretches from Ohio around the world.”

He also developed relationships with international leaders, show-business greats, and influential media people, many of whom considered him to be their pastor.

A PRECIOUS FRIEND
My friendship with Rex and his dear wife, Maude Aimee, spanned several decades. I have heard, seen, and read about the Humbards for as long as I have been a Christian. As I got to know them better and better through the early years of my ministry, and as he literally fathered and mentored me, I knew each time I was with him that I was in the presence of a true giant of the faith.

Throughout the 1990s, Rex regularly preached a salvation message and gave the altar calls in morning services during our crusades, and he appeared many times with me on This Is Your Day! I consider these times with him, precious Maude Aimee, and the entire Humbard family one of the greatest privileges of my life.

Every time I sat with this precious couple in their living room, spent time with them on the This Is Your Day! studio set, or stood with them on a crusade stage, I was always reminded of the tremendous history and soul-winning legacy they embodied.

SPECIAL TRIBUTE
Psalm 116:15 declares: “Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints.” Certainly this is true for Rex Humbard, giant of the faith who pioneered Christian media ministries as he also blazed trails as a pastor, international evangelist, author, statesman, husband, and father.

And while we join his loved ones—including Maude Aimee, their children, Rex Jr., Don, Charles, and Elizabeth, and all the family—in mourning the loss of this great pioneer of Christian media and ministry, we also celebrate his reunion in heaven with the Lord Jesus, whom our brother in Christ served so faithfully during his memorable lifetime.

What an amazing legacy he left us all!

I’ll never forget one of the last times Pastor Humbard spoke to one of our large meetings. He said, “There’s been tough times, and there’s been joyful and wonderful times, but never one time has the Lord ever left us…and one of these days, if I’m not around when the trumpet sounds, Benny, I’m going to meet you in the air! Jesus is faithful. Don’t ever forget it!”

Now he is with the Lord. Rex is part of the “cloud of witnesses” spoken about in Hebrews 12:1. Therefore, we must “run with patience the race that is set before us,” faithfully carrying the Gospel banner given to us by the saints who have blazed the trails before us.

This is why I want to invite you to spend a few moments discovering anew how one life, when placed in the hands of God, can impact the entire world. I have put together a memorable This Is Your Day! program with three special highlights from broadcasts featuring my friend Rex Humbard.

Click here to watch my special video tribute to Rex Humbard.

A Very Special Tribute to My Friend Rex Humbard

My friend Rex Humbard touched people in so many ways during his lifetime. And what a life he lived!

Rex’s father, Alpha Humbard, accepted Christ as Savior at sixteen then became instantly and unstoppably passionate about winning souls to the Lord. That legacy was passed on to his son Rex and the entire Humbard family, as chronicled in his recent autobiography, The Soul-Winning Century: The Humbard Family Legacy...100 Years of Ministry.

A LEGACY OF EVANGELISM
Rex was saved at the age of 13 in 1932, and immediately began his own radio broadcasts that launched what eventually became his worldwide pulpit.

In the 1940s and 1950s he and his family traveled across America and Canada conducting tent crusade meetings, while his radio ministry continued to grow nationwide.

In 1949 Rex became the first evangelist to broadcast the Gospel on television, and by 1952 he had both a daily program and a weekly one-hour church service on the airwaves.

In the early 1950s, Rex Humbard became one of the first visionaries to build a ministry that incorporated radio and television programming, and in 1958 in Akron, Ohio, the Cathedral of Tomorrow opened—one of the first in the world designed specifically to accommodate television equipment, crew, and chorus, as well as seating for 5,400 people. Broadcasts of the church services were aired on 600 stations in America and more than 2000 around the world in 97 languages.

Few people have touched more lives with the Gospel than Rex Humbard. As well known as he was in the U.S., he was even more popular throughout the world, especially in South America, where he packed the giant soccer stadiums for weeks at a time. During one notable 1979 crusade, over 1.2 million souls filled a network of soccer stadiums across Brazil to see him preach the Gospel. And in a crusade in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, more than 130,000 souls accepted Jesus Christ as Savior in a single service!

He preached to packed audiences in the Sydney Opera House, the Budokan in Tokyo, as well as in Madison Square Garden and Carnegie Hall in New York. He also ministered to hundreds of thousands in services across Africa.

Pastor Humbard was inducted into the Broadcasters Hall of Fame in 1993, and he was named one of the “Top 25 Principle Architects of the American Century” by U.S. News & World Report on December 27, 1999.

The Saturday Evening Post wrote, “Putting God on Main Street has been the goal of this dedicated preacher for more than 60 years. Now, thanks to the electronic media, his ‘Main Street’ stretches from Ohio around the world.”

He also developed relationships with international leaders, show-business greats, and influential media people, many of whom considered him to be their pastor.

A PRECIOUS FRIEND
My friendship with Rex and his dear wife, Maude Aimee, spanned several decades. I have heard, seen, and read about the Humbards for as long as I have been a Christian. As I got to know them better and better through the early years of my ministry, and as he literally fathered and mentored me, I knew each time I was with him that I was in the presence of a true giant of the faith.

Throughout the 1990s, Rex regularly preached a salvation message and gave the altar calls in morning services during our crusades, and he appeared many times with me on This Is Your Day! I consider these times with him, precious Maude Aimee, and the entire Humbard family one of the greatest privileges of my life.

Every time I sat with this precious couple in their living room, spent time with them on the This Is Your Day! studio set, or stood with them on a crusade stage, I was always reminded of the tremendous history and soul-winning legacy they embodied.

SPECIAL TRIBUTE
Psalm 116:15 declares: “Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints.” Certainly this is true for Rex Humbard, giant of the faith who pioneered Christian media ministries as he also blazed trails as a pastor, international evangelist, author, statesman, husband, and father.

And while we join his loved ones—including Maude Aimee, their children, Rex Jr., Don, Charles, and Elizabeth, and all the family—in mourning the loss of this great pioneer of Christian media and ministry, we also celebrate his reunion in heaven with the Lord Jesus, whom our brother in Christ served so faithfully during his memorable lifetime.

What an amazing legacy he left us all!

I’ll never forget one of the last times Pastor Humbard spoke to one of our large meetings. He said, “There’s been tough times, and there’s been joyful and wonderful times, but never one time has the Lord ever left us…and one of these days, if I’m not around when the trumpet sounds, Benny, I’m going to meet you in the air! Jesus is faithful. Don’t ever forget it!”

Now he is with the Lord. Rex is part of the “cloud of witnesses” spoken about in Hebrews 12:1. Therefore, we must “run with patience the race that is set before us,” faithfully carrying the Gospel banner given to us by the saints who have blazed the trails before us.

This is why I want to invite you to spend a few moments discovering anew how one life, when placed in the hands of God, can impact the entire world. I have put together a memorable This Is Your Day! program with three special highlights from broadcasts featuring my friend Rex Humbard.

Click here to watch my special video tribute to Rex Humbard.

Benny Hinn
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login