Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Enter the narrow gate

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Enter the narrow gate
September 29, 2007 12:21PM
I had given this word/message to a friend, but it also speaks to us as God's people. May the Lord bless you. ~ilene "Lord, open up our eyes and our hears to hear what the Spirit of the Lord is saying; and I thank You, in Jesus' name. amen."

Mt. 7:13,14 "Enter by the narrow gate, for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it."

To so and so [to protect her identity], this message is for you:

I don't know what is going on in your life, but, something isn't right; you're not the same, there isn't Life there as it used to be by being in the Spirit. Maybe that message I sent to you was for me, also, to speak unto you His words, to stir up the gift of God within you.

"For wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there be many who go in by it." ~ The wide path is a whole lot easier to take when one is being 'pressed' by the narrow sides of walking that straight and narrow path, and there are many who take it so that they are not consumed by 'the fire of God' who is an All Consuming Fire who seeks to remove the hindrances from our hearts, minds, and lives as we seek to abide in Christ. The devil comes to steal, to kill, and to destroy; but Jesus Christ comes so that we might have life, and have it more abundantly. That life He speaks of is in that narrow place, on that narrow path, where few find it because it is in the seeking of the One who is Life. HE laid down His life for us so that we might live, and it's a matter of choice of whom we shall serve.

In the broad way we can do whatever it is that we want. We are not being conformed into the image of God's Son, but being conformed into the image of the world(-ly), of that which is earthly. God has a high calling for those who will seek Him, and when we do, it is a hard life to live, but well worth the cost to find Him who is higher. It is a place of not being 'accepted' by others [even Christians], but found in Him who accepts us because of our love for Him in doing His will above our own.

The word destruction means: ruin or loss (phys., spiritual or eternal).

Other words used for destruction: pernicious ways, waste, (among others which I won't use because they don't apply here).

Pernicious means: causing insidious harm or ruin; ruinous.

Ruin means: 1. the remains of a building, city, etc., that has been destroyed or is decaying. 3. a fallen, wrecked, or decayed condition. 4. the downfall, decay, or destruction of anything. 5. the complete loss of health, means, position, hope, or the like. 7. the downfall of a person; undoing. 8. a person as the wreck of his or her former self. 10. to reduce to ruin; devastate. 14. to fall into ruins. 15. to come to ruin.

Downfall: 1. overthrow; ruin.

Fallen: 2. having dropped or come down from a higher place, from an upright position, or from a higher level, .... . 5. overthrown or conquered. 6. dead.

We can 'think' that we are at a certain place [and think that we are still there], when in all reality we are not. Our position has changed sometimes without us even realizing it or not even caring when we do not know our hearts, but God does. Oh how our hearts can be deceitful; how can man know it, but God does and He cares. HE is calling us up back higher in Him. Will we seek Him? Will we hear Him? Will we see?

God is conforming us, hence, the narrow way. HE wants to conform us into the 'image' of His Son. [You may know these things, but, you need to hear them, for you resist the Lord, you resist His Spirit and His dealings with you over the time/years, and yet, He still comes for you; HEAR HIM.]

Image means: likeness, (lit.) statue, profile, or (fig.) representation, resemblance.

How do you profile yourself?

Conformed: jointly formed, that is (fig.) similar. Another word used is: fashioned like unto.

Fashioned comes from the word fashion [duh, right? grinning smiley ] : 1. a prevailing custom or style of dress, .... . 4. the make or form of anything; shape; pattern. -v.t. 5. to give a particular shape or form to. 6. to adjust; adapt; fit.

The reason I am writing this us like a teaching of a bible study, is so you will see what has transpired in your life. You may not see it, but others have. It is time to be transformed by the renewing of your mind by the Word of God. Get back into the Word who loves you! You know a lot, but, many of us have strayed from the Word because of hard times; we went searching for something [or someone] else to fill [fulfill] us; we want to be liked/accepted and wanted, but God wants us even if we don't see it or feel it. We walk by faith and not by sight. Scripture can be easily thrown out there when it is known, but when spoken by the Spirit it is Life to those who will accept it.

Narrow: to crowd (lit. or fig.). Other words used: afflict, throng, suffer tribulation, trouble.

So, now we see what narrow really means from the Greek. We suffer tribulation - we have trouble - in order to be conformed into the image of Christ Jesus [God's Son]. We must be found abiding in Christ so that we live! In times of trouble we must go to Him who is the High Priest and our King! The Kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force! We must enter into the Kingdom of God through much tribulations!

We may be judged by others .................... but so what! I know that that can be hard! But we must persevere through! We must get breakthrough!

"Narrow is the gate, and difficult is the way which leads to LIFE, and there are few who find it."

There is only a few who find it, and it gets more and more difficult as Life leads on. We must take that route/path for it is God who has chosen us and has chosen it for us! We can do it! We can do it as we encourage one another in Word, in praise, and in Spirit! We must connect together as the Body of Christ!

"I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me."

We must wholly depend upon Christ and His work within us bringing us forward and building us up as His Church, for the gates of hell shall not prevail against 'His' Church for He is with us who is the Hope of Glory! We must pray in the Holy Spirit so that our most holy faith is built up! God has called us as His vessels of honor/glory! It is the devil who has come to steal, to kill, and to destroy! Whom are we truly serving this day? Our selves, the devil, the world, or God? "Choose ye this day whom you shall serve."

~God bless you~

p.s. this is a word to me, also, for i have fallen. may the Lord strengthen us as we seek Him, and may we not fall away again. God is preparing us for more. may we be found faithful to Him.

love you!

ilene

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2007 12:26PM by Joshobel.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login