Advanced

Hi

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Hi
May 29, 2007 12:36AM
Wow!
After quite a while, here we are again.

I like your website appearance. It reflects your love for Jesus.

On one of the web blogs, that I check out daily, one of the threads has been about women in ministry. The overwhelming majority there approve of women becoming more involved.

And as you might have imagined, there are a few dudes who can't quite let go of their male 'smoking club' mentality.

I believe, after hearing what God has been doing in churches, that this website is spot on with the trend of opening the doors for women to minister.

Exodus 15:24: Miriam, the daughter of Aaron was a prophet and one of the triad of leaders of Israel during the Exodus from Egypt.

Judges 4 & 5: Deborah, a prophet-judge, headed the army of ancient Israel.

2 Kings 22:14; 2 Chronicles 34:22 Huldah, a prophet, verified the authenticity of the "Book of the Law of the Lord given through Moses" - the Book of Deuteronomy. She triggered a religious renewal.

Acts 9:36 The author of Luke referred to a female disciple of Jesus by her Aramaic name Tabitha, who was also known by her Greek name Dorcas. She became sick had died; St. Peter brought her back to life.

Acts 21:8: Philip the evangelist had four unmarried daughters who were prophets.
Philippians 4:2: Paul refers to two women, Euodia and Syntyche, as his co-workers who were active evangelicals, spreading the gospel.

Romans 16:1: Paul refers to Phoebe as a minister or deacon of the church at Cenchrea. The Greek word which describes her function is "diakonos" which means literally "official servant." She is the only deacon in the Bible to be identified by name. Some translations say deaconess; others try to obscure her position by mistranslating the Greek as a simple "servant" or "helper".

Paul later refers to Phoebe as a woman, calling her "our sister." This prevented later church leaders from hiding her gender as they did with Junia in Romans 16:7 by changing her name and implying that she was a man.

Romans 16:3: Paul refers to Priscilla as another of his "fellow workers in Christ Jesus" (NIV) Other translations refer to her as a "co-worker". But other translations attempt to downgrade her status by calling her a "helper". The original Greek word is "synergoi", which literally means "fellow worker" or "colleague."

It is worth noting that Paul refers to Priscilla and her husband as "Priscilla and Aquila" in this passage and as "Aquila and Priscilla" in 1 Corinthians 16:19. It would appear that the order is not important to Paul. As in Galatians 3:28, he apparently believed that there is no distinction among those who have been baptized into Christ between male and female.

Romans 16:7: Paul refers to a male apostle, Andronicus, and a female apostle, Junia, as "outstanding among the apostles" (NIV) Every Greek and Latin church Father until Giles of Rome (circa 1000 CE) acknowledged that Junia was a woman.

After that time, various writers and translators of the Bible resorted to deceptions in order to suppress her gender. For example:
The Amplified Bible translates this passage as "They are men held in high esteem among the apostles" The Revised Standard Version shows it as "they are men of note among the apostles". The reference to them both being men does not appear in the original Greek text. The word "men" was simply inserted by the translators, apparently because the translators' minds recoiled from the concept of a female apostle.

Many translations, including the Amplified Bible, Rheims New Testament, New American Standard Bible, and the New International Version simply picked the letter "s" out of thin air, and converted the original "Junia" (a woman's name) into "Junias" (a man's). Again, it was probably inconceivable to the translators that Paul would recognize a woman as an apostle.

Philoumene, a woman, headed a Christian theological school in Rome during the second century CE.

"...Paul mentioned 40 names in his letters...and talked about the big missionary enterprise of which there are dozens of people or participants... Of those 40 people, 16 are women. That's a considerable proportion of women involved in the Pauline missionary effort."
Helmut Koestler

Jesus violated 1st century customs in Palestine by generally treating men and women as equals. Of the dozen or so individuals who made up Jesus' inner circle, about half were women.

Paul appears to have also treated women in the early Christian movement as equals, as co-workers, and as deserving of positions of authority, including the ministry.

Romans 16:3: Paul refers to Priscilla, a woman, as another of his "fellow workers in Christ Jesus" (NIV) Other translations refer to her as a "co-worker". But still other translations attempt to downgrade her status by calling her a simple "helper". The original Greek word is "synergoi", which literally means "fellow worker" or "colleague."

Galatians 3:28: "There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus." (NIV) This is perhaps the most famous passage in the New Testament that assigns equal status to individuals of both genders (and all races, nationalities and slave status). Some religious conservatives believe that this equality refers only to salvation and not to status.

Philippians 4:2: Paul refers to two women, Euodia and Syntyche, as his co-workers who were active evangelists, spreading the gospel.

May the Lord bless this website and use it to minister. May the effort put into it bear much fruit. May the Lord Jesus Christ be lifted up.

Keep ministering! It is better to do something imperfectly then to do nothing expertly.
Anonymous User
Re: Hi
May 29, 2007 09:35AM
Hi Surfer,

It's great to see you here! Was hoping you'd come to post. Every so often the Lord will place you upon my heart and I wonder if I should contact you but He has said "no" so to see you here now is such a blessing. Funny, thought you might post in the Prophets' Place so this is a surprise. Thanks for the words of encouragement and for pointing out that women did minister throughout the Bible. God is breaking men's smoking club" old mentality. Some will receive the correction, some will not. We must pray for them all!

Brother, I wonder if you have heard about The Call, Nashville, 7-07-07 and the "40 Days for 40 years fast" that began yesterday evening? I know you had a part in the Jesus movement and have seen the rebellious spirit that has broken out at the same time. God is about to move in an incredible way again and I pray that there will be more and more who are open to Him rather than to the spirit of this world, amen?

Welcome, dear brother, and please continue to add your wisdom and spiritual insight to this site, for the glory of our King and our heavenly Father.

In His love,
Joan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login