Anonymous User
PROPHECY & FUFILLMENT - Day 13 - March 9, 2016
March 09, 2016 09:37AM
Day 13 - Psalm 22:14-16 & Mark 15:20 - March 9, 2016

THE MESSIAH TO DIE BY CRUCIFIXION WITH PIERCED HANDS AND FEET

THE PROPHECY

v 14 I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint: my heart is like wax; it is melted in the midst of my bowels.
v 15 My strength is dried up like a potsherd; and my tongue cleaveth to my jaws; and thou hast brought me into the dust of death.
v 16 For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet. {Psalm 22:14-16}

It is not likely that King David had any knowledge of crucifixions, even though the first record of a crucifixion comes from the Assyrians, but in the 1st part of Psalm 22, as David is crying out to God what he feels that his enemies have done to him, he is describing a crucifixion and the effects thereof, but this is not any crucifixion, it’s the crucifixion of our messiah.

In verse 1 of Psalm 22 comes the most compelling evidence that David is describing “the crucifixion”,

{Psalm 22:1 <<To the chief Musician upon Aijeleth Shahar, A Psalm of David.>> My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring?}

THE PROPHECY FULFILLED

v 20 And when they had mocked him, they took off the purple from him, and put his own clothes on him, and led him out to crucify him. {Mark 15:20}

2,000 years before the fact, David is quoting the exact words that Jesus, when he was upon the cross would say “My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?”

Our fathers word is matchless and so very true. Some say that a thread runs through it from the beginning to the end. I feel that this “thread” is not a thread at all, but a rope such as mountain climbers and cave explorers use. The mountain climber’s rope is a life line that gives them security knowing that it is there and that they can cling to when they fall. The cave explorers rope leads the way for him/her. This is the rope that they put their hand upon and with that hand upon the rope they can find their way in the darkness and then will lead them back to the light.

This world is in twilight right now, rapidly approaching the dark of night and there are many precipices awaiting for us to fall from. Cling to the climbers rope which is the matchless word of God the Father and gives one peace within. Even when we do fall this rope can and will save our lives. Take hold of the explorers rope and follow it through the dark unto the light which is salvation and eternal life {if we will accept it} provided to us by the blood of our Lord Jesus that he shed on the cross.

Additional reading/study: Zechariah 12:10a, Matthew 27:31, John 19:15-16.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login