Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Happy Rosh Hashana!

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Happy Rosh Hashana!
September 21, 2017 06:29PM
Rosh Hashanah - Happy New Year to my Jewish friends. What a special time for them and for us who are followers of Jesus Christ. When Jesus walked the earth, these days were honored by Him for He knew what Abba God calls Holy is Holy. This day begins the High Holy Days of Repentance, a time of reflection of our sins of the past year. It is also known as The Days of Awe as we meditate on Who our God is, His magnificence and our need to honor Him because He is the Great I Am. This is a good time for the fear of the Lord to grow in us because for many, we have reduced God to an ideology and someone to turn to only in time of need rather than to know Him as our Creator and One to be known, honored and obeyed. History has proven what happened to Israel when she turned her back on God. Darkness came at them and they were handed over to their enemies. That should be a dire warning to us, both Jew and Christian as He has placed great privilege and responsibility in us for the good of the world. The more we omit God from schools, the work place, the home, etc. the more we see problems arising in our nation. Right now our nation is so divided and we need Him more than ever. The earth cries out for the sons of God to arise. Floods, fires, hurricanes, earthquakes are occurring in unprecendented force. If we don't see this as a wake up call to get right before Him then we are in more of a slumber than we think.

So let us take the time between Rosh Hashanaha and Yom Kippur to meditate on our lives in retrospect of what He has called us to be and to do. During this time I know there are many who are taking each day to reflect on the Ten Commandments, taking each day with a different commandment. For me, I am going to focus on what Jesus said were the Two Great Commandments on which hang all the laws and the prophets, spending five days on each. Invest in these next ten days to allow the Holy Spirit to search you heart for where sin or disobedience might be hidden and get right before God.Reflect on what the Holy Spirit might have you do during these Ten Days of Awe. I believe it is going to affect our lives more than we know - whether we do it or we don't. The choice is ours.

God bless you this Rosh Hashanah. Reverently and retrospectively, let us step into the Days of Awe with seeking more of Him and desiring to repent of where we have fallen short of what He has called us to be.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login