Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Knowing God's Written Word is Not Enough - Aug. 16, 2004 entry

Posted by Joan 
Knowing God's Written Word is Not Enough

August 16, 2004

Precious One,

There is so much to be learned in and through You. Searching Your Word I am again reminded how important it is to know the rhema word and not just the logos word. Look how satan used the logos word to tempt You when he said to You in the wilderness; "If You are the son of God, throw Yourself down; for it is written, HE WILL COMMAND HIS ANGELS CONCERNING YOU; and 'ON THEIR HANDS THEY WILL BEAR YOU UP SO THAT YOU WILL NOT STIKE YOUR FOOT AGAINST A STONE.'"
Lord, if You had acted just upon this written Word without knowing what the Father's will was for Your life You would not of had the wisdom and discernment to draw upon another written Word, and thus rebuttal the enemy with, "On the other hand, it is written, "you shall not put the Lord Your God to the test." Praise God for the Holy Spirit!

Yes, Lord, it is important to know the written Word but we also need to know the Word in due season and Truth through the Holy Spirit! Jesus, how many times do we become deceived by the enemy when Scripture is brought to us and we just accept that Word without seeking discernment and/or praying for guidance through the Holy Spirit? Oh, Lord the more I learn the more I recognize the frailty of the human soul and the more prominent becomes the awareness of how much we need You and the Holy Spirit to lead us or we could become deceived by the enemy - even through Scripture! Does not Your Word say, "there is no God"? These words alone could be used against the very core of our faith if we did not recognize that they are taken out of contexts, for the Scripture of this statement reads, "The fool hath said in his heart There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good." (Psalm 14:1) Funny, it has been brought to my remembrance a story I heard a long time ago about a man who was seeking a word from God and opened the Bible randomly hoping the Lord would speak to him directly through His Word. The man opened to John 13:17 and read, "What you do, do quickly." The man was not certain what this meant and asked the Lord, "What am I do to quickly, Lord?" And he turned back to the Bible for the answer. Finding himself in Matthew, he closed his eyes and 'let his fingers do the walking', he pointed where he thought he was being directed. You can imagine the man's surprise when he found his finger point in to Matthew 27:56b which read, "..and he went away and hanged himself."? Surely this was not the Lord's will for his life! Though this might sound funny, the thought arises, what if he did do what he thought the Lord was telling him to do? That would have been awful. Even more, what if Jesus had listened to the Scripture satan quoted and acted upon it! Things would be so different. How needful it is for us to be connected to our heavenly Father as You were then and now, Lord. We need to have discernment and, of utmost importance, we need to know the Father's heart - which we can Jesus, through You and the Helper You sent us, the Holy Spirit. Thank You, sweet Lord. There are no words to express my gratitude. Dear Jesus how I love You and Our Father.

Lord, for people like me that have a hard time retaining Scripture, I am so grateful for the gift of discernment and recognizing we have the ability to grow to know the Father's heart both through reading Scripture and fellowshipping with You and Him and the help of the Holy Spirit. When we are seeking Him first, His kingdom and His righteousness, then all we need will be provided us. Earlier I was reading Isaiah 43:1-7: "But now thus saith the Lord that created thee, O Jacob, and He that formed thee, Israel, Fear not; for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art Mine. When thou passeth through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee. For I am the Lord thy God, the Holy One of Israel, they Savior:
I gave Egypt for thy ransom, Ethiopia and Seba or thee. Since thou wast precious in My sight, thou hast been honourable, and I have loved thee: therefore will I give men for thee and people for thy life. Fear not: for I am with thee: I will bring thy seed from the east and gather thee from the west; I will say to the north, Give up and to the south, Keep not back; bring My sons from far, and my daughters from the ends of the earth. Even every one that is called by My name, for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him." Oh Lord, how sweet are these words. Such comfort and strength are drawn from them. Lord, I seek after You more and more for You are in the Father and the Father is in You Through You, Jesus, I may be one with the Father as well. Praise be to God. What a glorious place to be! Jesus, I love You!

P.S.

After putting pen down I began to read a new book. Not even one half hour after writing what You impressed upon my heart, I read in "Ultimate Kingdom" by Earl Paulk:

"Jesus said that God is looking for people who worship Him in Spirit and in truth. Spirit without truth is deception. Truth without Spirit becomes legalistic bondage and misunderstanding. Spirit and truth together open fellowship with God so that we may enter His presence." (Ultimate Kingdom, by Earl Paulk. Page 7)

Hallelujah and amen! Lord, this brings to mind this verse of Scripture, "Mercy and truth are met together, righteousness and peace have kissed each other." (Psalm 85:10) Thank You Lord for confirming that which You placed upon my heart through Your servant, Earl Paulk. How wonderful You are!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2007 08:16AM by Joan.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login