Advanced

PROPHECY & FULFILLMENT - Day 23 - March 21, 2016

Posted by Joan 
PROPHECY & FULFILLMENT - Day 23 - March 21, 2016
March 21, 2016 03:24PM
Isaiah 42:1 & Matthew 3:16-17 - March 21, 2016 - Day 23

THE HOLY SPIRIT UPON THE MESSIAH

THE PROPHECY

v 1 Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles. Isaiah 42:1

Why would God the Father of the Messiah {Jesus} call His son a servant? The four gospels give us a big clue as each gospel presents a different aspect of our Lord. The gospel of Matthew presents Jesus as a teacher who is greater than Moses, Mark focuses on Jesus as the Suffering Servant - the son of man, Luke focuses on Jesus as the keystone of salvation, and John presents Jesus as the divine Son of God - the messiah.

THE PROPHECY FULFILLED

v 16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
v 17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
Matthew 3:16-17

Our Father knew all of the aspects of His son {and there are many that come under the major themes of the gospels} and His ministry here on earth.

The Father called His son a servant in Isaiah for he knew the Jesus would be a servant to all mankind yet suffer because of this. { Mark 9:12 “And he answered and told them, Elias verily cometh first, and restoreth all things; and how it is written of the Son of man, that he must suffer many things, and be set at nought.” Mark 9:19 “He answereth him, and saith, O faithless generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him unto me.”}.

In Matthew, Jesus is called by His father “my beloved Son”. Beloved Son to His father and beloved saviour to us all. {John 1:49 “Nathanael answered and saith unto him, Rabbi, thou art the Son of God;” John 3:17 “For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.”}.

Teacher, suffering servant, saviour, and Son of God, I bow down before you and dedicate myself anew unto you Lord Jesus and to you my Father.

Additional reading/study: Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John.

"FOR GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD THAT HE GAVE HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON, THAT WHOEVER BELIEVES IN HIM SHOULD NOT PERISH BUT HAVE EVERLASTING LIF. FOR GOD DID NOT SENT HIS SON INTO THE WORLD TO CONDEMN THE WORLD BUT TO SAVE THE WORLD THROUGH HIM."" John 3:16-17

It wasn't the nails that held Jesus to the cross. It was His love for you that held Him there.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login